Teenage Drivers Education
Classroom Driver Education Course
Victoria Driving School is now pre-registering teen-age students (14 to 17 years old) who would like to attend one of the 32 hour "Classroom Only" driver education courses listed below. The course consists of 16 classes that are each two hours in length.
Victoria Driving School provides thirty-two hours of TDLR approved, professional instruction to help teenagers and/or adults get their driver's license. We provide all books, practice tests, and instructional materials at no additional charge. We use an extensive library of DVDs and other instructional media to help our students become safe, responsible drivers.
Hands on Activities
- Learn about basic engine parts
- Learn how to check the oil and other fluids
- Learn how to use jumper cables
- Learn how to use a breathalyzer to start a car
- Learn how to put air in tires
- Drive a pedal car while wearing "drunk" goggles
The official DPS Road Rules and Road Signs test is given at Victoria Driving School. No additional written test is required at the DPS office.
2023 Classes (Scroll down to see current classes)
Click here for Registration Form
(Classes meet mostly Mon, Tues, Wed for the first four weeks and then also on Thurs during the 5th week) No class during Spring Break
Jan 3 - Feb 2
Feb 6 - March 9
April 3 - May 4
|4:00pm - 6:00pm||4:00pm - 6:00pm||4:00pm - 6:00pm|
|6:15pm - 8:15pm||6:15pm - 8:15pm||6:15pm - 8:15pm|
June 5 - 29
July 10 - Aug 2
|8:00am - 10:00am||8:00am - 10:00am|
|10:30am - 12:30pm||10:30am - 12:30pm|
|3:30pm - 5:30pm||3:30pm - 5:30pm|
|6:00pm - 8:00pm||6:00pm - 8:00pm|
Sept 5 - Oct 5
Oct 16 - Nov 16
|4:00pm - 6:00pm||4:00pm - 6:00pm|
|6:15pm - 8:15pm||6:15pm - 8:15pm|
Important General Information - Obtaining a Texas Driver's License
State law requires students under 18 years of age to complete 32 hours of classroom instruction and 44 hours of In-Car instruction.
Once you complete our 32 hour course you will need to take the following items to DPS to obtain your learner license/permit:
- Completed DPS drivers license application
- DL-40 Supplemental Exam Form
- Verification of School Enrollment Form (VOE).
- Social Security Card (cannot be laminated)
- Original birth certificate or certified copy (cannot be laminated)
- DE-964 Certificate of Completion (provided by Victoria Driving School)
- Two forms of proof of residency